eCite Digital Repository

Audio teleconferencing: Creative use of a forgotten innovation

Citation

Mather, C and Marlow, A, Audio teleconferencing: Creative use of a forgotten innovation, Contemporary Nurse, 41, (2) pp. 177-183. ISSN 1037-6178 (2012) [Refereed Article]

Copyright Statement

Copyright 2012 eContent Management Pty Ltd.

DOI: doi:10.5172/conu.2012.41.2.177

Abstract

As part of a regional School of Nursing and Midwifery's commitment to addressing recruitment and retention issues, approximately 90% of second year undergraduate student nurses undertake clinical placements at: multipurpose centres; regional or district hospitals; aged care; or community centres based in rural and remote regions within the State. The remaining 10% undertake professional experience placement in urban areas only. This placement of a large cohort of students, in low numbers in a variety of clinical settings, initiated the need to provide consistent support to both students and staff at these facilities. Subsequently the development of an audio teleconferencing model of clinical facilitation to guide student teaching and learning and to provide support to registered nurse preceptors in clinical practice was developed. This paper draws on Weimer's 'Personal Accounts of Change' approach to describe, discuss and evaluate the modifications that have occurred since the inception of this audio teleconferencing model (Weimer, 2006). © eContent Management Pty Ltd.

Item Details

Item Type:Refereed Article
Research Division:Medical and Health Sciences
Research Group:Nursing
Research Field:Nursing not elsewhere classified
Objective Division:Health
Objective Group:Other Health
Objective Field:Health not elsewhere classified
Author:Mather, C (Ms Carey Mather)
Author:Marlow, A (Ms Annette Marlow)
ID Code:80485
Year Published:2012
Web of Science® Times Cited:3
Deposited By:Health Sciences B
Deposited On:2012-11-01
Last Modified:2015-02-13
Downloads:0

Repository Staff Only: item control page