Galligan, L and Coupland, M and Dunn, PK and Hernandez Martinez, P and Oates, G, Research into Teaching and Learning of Tertiary Mathematics and Statistics, Research in Mathematics Education in Australasia 2016-2019, Springer, J Way, C Attard, J Anderson, J Bobis, H McMaster & K Cartwr (ed), Singapore, pp. 269-292. ISBN 978-981-15-4268-8 (2020) [Research Book Chapter]
Copyright 2020 Springer Nature Singapore Pty Ltd.
Reviewed in this chapter is the growing depth and variety of research being undertaken in the tertiary mathematics field. In particular, the scope of the research and issues being examined have been highlighted in sections:
- Tertiary mathematics education. The focus is strategies for teaching and learning in mathematics education and the professional learning of the lecturers and tutors.
- Mathematical content. Papers reviewed are those that focus on certain content areas in tertiary mathematics, both practical and theoretical.
- Tertiary statistics education. The authors reviewed the small but growing area of research that examines the teaching and learning of statistics, content areas of statistics education and some of the innovations being used in this area of teaching and learning.
- Transitions and support. The focus is school to university transition and the support structures being implemented to provide academic support for undergraduate students of mathematics.
- Service teaching. The authors consider papers that link mathematics into service areas such as engineering and the health sciences.
|Item Type:||Research Book Chapter|
|Keywords:||mathematics education, publishing|
|Research Group:||Curriculum and pedagogy|
|Research Field:||Mathematics and numeracy curriculum and pedagogy|
|Objective Division:||Expanding Knowledge|
|Objective Group:||Expanding knowledge|
|Objective Field:||Expanding knowledge in education|
|UTAS Author:||Oates, G (Associate Professor Greg Oates)|
Repository Staff Only: item control page