Suzuki, H and Chai, S and Chatzigeorgiou, Y and Howells, H and Kuiper, G and Kavanagh, K and Low, YM and Morooka, C and Saevik, S and Seo, JK and Sodahl, N and Stadie-Frohboes, G and Sun, L and Wu, J and Watanabe, Y, Identified for deletion - Duplicate of 124923, Proceedings of the 19th International Ship and Offshore Structures Congress, 7-10 September 2015, Cascais, Portugal, pp. 867-904. ISBN 978-1-138-02895-1 (2015) [Refereed Conference Paper]
Official URL: http://www.issc2015.org/
- Relatively matured subsea pipeline and riser technology with further work required for reeled steel
catenary risers, deep-water flexible pipes, steel tube umbilicals, composite tubes and large bore coiled
tubing for pipeline applications.
- Importance of accurate prediction of hydrodynamic loads with the aid of rapidly advancing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Attractive steel catenary risers for deep water applications with additional research for the in-service
fatigue life of the welded joints.
- Maturity of global riser analysis except pipe-sea bed interaction.
- Necessity of challenge to Voltex Induced Vibration (VIV) especially at high Reynolds numbers and in
deep water applications.
|Item Type:||Refereed Conference Paper|
|Research Group:||Maritime Engineering|
|Research Field:||Ship and Platform Structures|
|Objective Division:||Expanding Knowledge|
|Objective Group:||Expanding Knowledge|
|Objective Field:||Expanding Knowledge in Engineering|
|UTAS Author:||Chai, S (Professor Shuhong Chai)|
|Deposited By:||NC Maritime Engineering and Hydrodynamics|
Repository Staff Only: item control page