Rotter, T and Plishka, CT and Adegboyega, L and Fiander, M and Harrison, EL and Flynn, R and Chan, JG and Kinsman, L, Lean management in health care: effects on patient outcomes, professional practice, and healthcare systems, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, (11) Article CD012831. ISSN 1469-493X (2017) [Contribution to Refereed Journal]
Copyright 2017 The Cochrane Collaboration
This is a protocol for a Cochrane Review (Intervention). The objectives are as follows:
- To assess effects of Lean management in health care on patient, professional, and systems outcomes by addressing the following question.
- What are the effects of Lean management interventions in health care on patient outcomes, professional practice, and healthcare systems?
- To answer the following questions in addressing secondary objectives:
- What are the effects of Lean management interventions in combination with other management systems (e.g. Six Sigma) on patient outcomes, professional practice, and healthcare systems (utilisation and access, adverse effects, cost)?
- Is the effectiveness of Lean interventions influenced by the setting (e.g. Emergency Department, Laboratory, Pharmacy) in which they are implemented?
|Item Type:||Contribution to Refereed Journal|
|Keywords:||health services research, lean, health reform|
|Research Division:||Medical and Health Sciences|
|Research Group:||Public Health and Health Services|
|Research Field:||Public Health and Health Services not elsewhere classified|
|Objective Group:||Health and Support Services|
|Objective Field:||Health and Support Services not elsewhere classified|
|UTAS Author:||Kinsman, L (Professor Leigh Kinsman)|
|Deposited By:||Health Sciences|
|Downloads:||65 View Download Statistics|
Repository Staff Only: item control page